Embracing the Hopes and Aspirations of Asian Pacific Americans in the United States of America
● Dedicated to securing equal rights for Asian Americans through legislative and policy initiatives at all levels of the government
● Working actively on cases of discrimination against Asian Americans, –E.g. urges due process be carried out in the arrest of US Army Muslim Chaplin James Yee
● Prevents heightened Homeland security to repeat past discriminatory immigration practices, such as the internment of Japanese-American citizens during World War II
● Represent Asians to stop usage of ethnic terms that are derogatory to our communities, such as “Chinaman’s Chance”used by local politician John Spencer on August 17, 2005.
● Enhances stature and recognition of Asian American leaders at annual National Corporate Achievement Awards Banquet and local W/HV Dynamic Achiever Awards Banquet
● Increases Asian American influence and negotiation power with national and local government officials
● Enhances recognition and acceptance of cultural differences in your social and work environment to help break through the glass ceiling for Asian Americans
● Provides early awareness and knowledge for your children to overcome stereotypes and discrimination
● Offers scholarships from OCA National and local chapters for children of OCA members
● Offers leadership training courses for OCA members
*Please note that some of the listed discounts are under review and negotiation.